Wednesday, September 30, 2015

MY STORY… BEYOND THE SCALE & REAL LIFE TOO
True Confessions of an Imperfect Weight Watcher Leader

September 28, 2015
Weight:  -2.8
Number of days I’ve avoided cleaning my house:  5

Number of days I got 10k steps in:  2
____________________________________________________________
I got out of my head and am headed back in the right direction.  After my week of “not caring” I have decided to care again!  How did I do it?  mmmmm…..  I am not sure there is a tangible answer.  But what I can tell you is that there were a few things that fell into place for me. 
Something happened at work that made me lose confidence in myself as a leader.  The next day 2 members came up to me after their meetings with a compliment and kind word of encouragement.  Thank You!  You came to me at a time that was very important and especially needed!  I also had a chance to sit by myself.  This is a rarity for me.  To sit quietly with a notebook, my new planner/calendar, my bible and sip my hot tea.  My “Purposeful Planner” had arrived in the mail a few days ago but I hadn’t had time to really look at it.  One each page there is a spot to “brain dump” and another for daily goals.  This just seemed powerful to me in that moment.  You know what I mean?  Another day I might not have filled in those sections but this day, wow.  I wrote and “dumped” all the to-do’s filling my brain and then narrowed to what I wanted to accomplish THAT day.  Seems easy but often my “to-do’s” pressure me to think they need to be accomplished all at once.  And when that doesn’t happen I feel bad.  Beat myself up and eat.  This day was about making myself a priority and choosing the top 3 goals for the day.  One of those goals was to cook dinner, one was to track, and the other was about a bill that needed paying.  I can do 3 things!  So I sat drinking my tea and decided how I would set out to get those 3 done.  Well if have pork chops thawed in the fridge.  (Never eaten due to grill – you know if you came to a meeting last week) so guess what?  I went and got a new tank of gas for the grill.  I also have a huge bag of Romaine hearts, so we can have salad and although not the healthiest, I also have a bag of French fries in the freezer that I can bake.  Soon I felt like the dinner was no big deal.  Next came the plan for the bill.  This did require a few phone calls but I felt much better crossing off item number 3!  Lastly was tracking.  I had gone back to paper tracking a few months ago but it had lost its appeal so I tracked on my phone.  Just left if on the kitchen counter and as I ate I scanned, searched or calculated the points for it.  Check 1 Check 2 Check 3! 
This felt amazing!  What I learned was that I needed to make Me Time important enough to do it.  I needed to make myself a priority so that I was happy with my accomplishment and that happiness oozed out on the kids during homework, my husband as we ate dinner and even the crabby woman in line behind me at Aldi complaining about the slow lines.  Instead of ignoring her I simply invited her to cut in front of me.  All of this because I was proud of myself for getting a few things done on a list that I was able to make while spending time with ME! 
What would you do for you?
I must confess since this is Transparency September:  I have not taken time to pull out my planner any other days this week.  Why?  I think it is because taking care of myself is a new behavior that I haven’t quite mastered.  I need to figure out a time that works, a space that works and dedicate myself to this task a do-able amount of times per week.  Since I am 1 for 4.  I think my goal is once more during the next 3 days.  Push myself to be more exact.  I will open my planner on Thursday morning at 6:30-6:40 between one kid leaving for school & the other 5 getting up. 
Whew!  Committing can be tough but the realization is that the work pays off big so in my mind it’s worth it.  Will you be worth it this week too?  I challenge you to try and find an activity, a book, a recipe, or steal just a few quiet moments away with yourself this week and see what it is that you are willing to do for you?  I’d love to hear what you come up with & hope you will share in it with us in the meeting this week or comment here on the blog!  Let’s be crazy & put ourselves first a little today, I dare ya! 



Let’s Clap the Big Hands!

Shelly C.
Celebrate the Scale & those Non Scale Victories too!

SHELLY in N. Aurora!    
Shelly walked for a cause!  Walk, Roll or Wheel for Transverse Myelitis.  This disorder affects adults and children of any age and can cause temporary or permanent paralysis and blindness.  There is currently no cure so those that suffer from this disease and others came out to raise money & awareness.  Some walking, some in wheel chairs, & others using walkers made the 1.2 mile loop along with Shelly!  Thank you for sharing awareness with us too!  Way to go Shelly!  Look at all her bling!

Keep celebrating with us!  Your accomplishments matter!
(if you’d like to share your success, let me know you’d like to be added in the blog)


SEPTEMBER Theme:  MY SUCCESS STORY!
   You have the tools to write your success story!  What do you like best about the booklets?  Are they making a difference in your week?  Life isn’t just about focusing on food or exercising.  Life is meant to be enjoyed!  Whatever your goals are, our aim is to help you live a life you love living!
What a powerful month!
This Week:   TAKING CARE OF YOU!
Many of us are very good at taking care of others but did you know it is just as important to take care of and nurture ourselves?  It helps us feel good physically and emotionally throughout the day.  And that can help us focus on taking care of ourselves in ways that do involve food, too.  Your first step in creating “ME” time?  Join us in the meeting room.  30 minutes just for you!



What’s Happening This Week!
ON SALE THIS WEEK
COOK BOOKS:  50% OFF

STRUGGLING MEMBER WORKSHOPS:
Back by popular demand:  Is it possible to be addicted to SUGAR?   Don’t have a sweet tooth? You will be surprised where this little treat is hiding!
THIS WEEK!!
·         In South Elgin = OCTOBER 1,  6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
·         In Geneva = Oct. 7, 9:00 am – 10:00 am

Quote of the Week:

This newsletter is and the views shared are not affiliated with weight watchers international, inc.  It is meant to be a motivational tool.


No comments:

Post a Comment