Wednesday, September 23, 2015

MY STORY… BEYOND THE SCALE & REAL LIFE TOO
True Confessions of an Imperfect Weight Watcher Leader

September 23, 2015
Weight:  -.8
Number of days THIS week I’ve already went over my points:  3

Number of Diet Cokes by 10:30am today:  2
____________________________________________________________
my orchid brings more happiness then tacos
After my second week in a row losing ~ something in me started to weaken.  Was it that this week’s loss wasn’t as big as it was the first week?  Am I bored already?  I hope not.  But, my drive definitely changed for the worse.  Where in weeks one and two I refused to go out for dinner the night before my weigh in.  Friday – sure why not?  Let's have Buffalo Wild Wings the day before I weigh.  Then yesterday after a long day and late night I finally got home at 9pm.  I just wanted to go to bed.  I had eaten all my points for the day.  I’d already used my allowance points for the week and yet at 9:15 my husband walks in the door with a 10 pack of tacos from Taco Bell, and I think he’s a genius!  What a great idea; tacos at bedtime! Remember I was not hungry at all; but, by 9:21 I had already devoured one soft shell taco.  
Note to self: Tired, stressful, long days are not fixed by tacos!  That is the thought that I woke up with today.  Was my resolve back?  I know that since I am over in points and have not earned very many in the way of activity I may have a gain this week.  However, if I throw in the towel now I’ll gain even more. So stop it.  Taking back control starting again now! That was the positive me first thing this morning.  Good Right?  Well it didn't last too long.
Life threw me a curve ball while taking the kids to school; my car died.  Right in the middle of the road.  She let out some grumbling noises and just shut down. Smack dab in the middle of my street.  After pushing the car back into the driveway (Whew cars are heavy!) Shoving 5 kids into the pickup truck to get them to school.  I met a friend for coffee. (Diet coke for me please)  I figured there was nothing in that moment I could do about the car so I kept my plans and meet her at Dunkin Donuts!  I ordered my drink and stared at the lovely tray of Boston Crème Donuts.  They weren’t just shouting my name but instead they were almost whispering.  A gentle soft voice that said “Eat me, you’ll forget all about the car, Eat me – we understand how hard today has been.  Eat me – It’ll taste like a warm hug.  Were here for you.”  (Just curious, Am I the only one that can hear donuts talking?)
Long story short I passed on the donut!  YAY!  BUT had a second D.C. (not bad just against my personal goals) that is when I was reminded of my goal.  What is it that I want by the end of September and what will it take for me to accomplish it?
I know what my goal is for these four weeks, do you?  It really kept me away from that 9 ppv donut.  I also knew that if I had one donut it would have spiked my desire for sugar and the rest of the day would have been shot. 
I want to challenge you to take a minute today and listen.  Hear and see what success looks like to you.  Find the goals inside of you instead of focusing on the past.  The power of your future!  How about it?  Do you care enough this September to put your goals first no matter what changes that may mean you will have to take?  I hope so.  You are worth it!  I believe in us! 

Let’s Clap the Big Hands!
Celebrate the Scale & those Non Scale Victories too!
2 Celebrations this week!    


DEBBIE C. in Geneva.
Debbie
Debbie reached her first 5 pound milestone!  In her fist month back at W.W she has lost a total of 6.4 pounds!  I am so proud of her and want to thank you for letting us recognize this goal.  Often we feel like we want to wait & celebrate until we reach a “BIG” number but success starts in those first few weeks!  Thank you Debbie!  We can’t wait to see what the future holds for you! 

Sue & Family


SUE & Family in N. Aurora.
Sue is a Life Time member that was able to walk 13.1 miles in 3 hours and 52 minutes!  She was bookin it!  Her family also supported her by participating together.  Her daughter Stefanie, actually ran the full marathon!  Check out those medals!  Sue shared that the meetings encourage her and inspire her even after she “messes up”.  I love hearing that but that I add these celebrations because you all inspire ME as well!  YAY Sue for walking for such a good cause and for meeting your goals! 


[Keep celebrating with us!  Your accomplishments matter!  I'd love to share your success in the blog - just let me know if you are interested in sharing this part of your story!]


SEPTEMBER Theme:  MY SUCCESS STORY!
One way to master our motivations is to keep our WHY in the front of our minds.  Why did we come in the first place?  What keeps us coming?  Harness the power of your “why” as you work toward your goals.


This Week:   IT’S YOUR GOAL
How would you feel if we told you that you are setting your own personal goals?  Both long term and short term?  No we haven’t lost our mind, as a matter of fact we are beginning to wrap our brains around the idea that people are more likely able to reach their goals – when it is THEIR goals!  This week we will help you set a goal that means something to you.  Whether that is 5 pound increments, 5 % or to lose 42 pounds to get you to YOUR goal weight… it is all up to you.  Whatever you decide!  It is not set in stone.  We will revisit it periodically.  Stay for a meeting this week and learn what we are changing in regards to your goals. 


What’s Happening This Week!
ON SALE THIS WEEK
   FITBITS: $89.95 out the door with tax!
   COMPANION BOOKS: $5.00
   SMOOTHIES:  $4.95
   OATMEAL:   $4.95
   FRUITIES:  $1.50
   COOK BOOKS:  50% OFF





STRUGGLING MEMBER WORKSHOPS:  
Feel like you are the only one that is struggling to find success?  
Come to a workshop & learn you're not alone - but we don't want you staying in that mindset either.  Let us help you get back on track! 
***** Change of Date!****
·         In South Elgin = OCTOBER 1,  6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
·         In Geneva = Oct. 7, 9:00 am – 10:00 am

Quote of the Week:



This newsletter is and the views shared are not affiliated with weight watchers international, inc.  It is meant to be a motivational tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment