Tuesday, September 1, 2015

MY STORY… BEYOND THE SCALE & REAL LIFE TOO

True Confessions of an imperfect Weight Watcher Leader

I am sure there is already a blog by this name but maybe I should check?  I’m tempted to rename the blog.  It is September 1st & I have come to the realization that I need a new approach to my WW Story (more on this soon).  I will begin each week with some new accountability. Yes, I will still fill you in on all things Weight Watchers; but the “ME” part of the blog will now become a little journallier.  Is that a word? 
I have a secret.  I want people to think I have everything under control.  Actually, I WANT to have control over everything!  In my normal life I want friends & family to see this put together, stylish mom of 6 looking and acting normal.  Not see the crazy woman that yells and rips her hair out when the dog throws up right as I am walking out the door.  After my first daughter was born I had a friend tell me “Now that you are a mom you will only wear sweats, Just get rid of your heels because you will think nothing of taking the kids to school in your pj’s.  And if that’s not bad enough there will be days that you may forget to wear a bra!”  That was 5 kids ago and I remember thinking to myself “You are crazy!  Sweat pants instead of heels?  I will show you that my life will not change just because I am a mom!”
Fast forward 5 more kids…Confession time:  My life has changed.  I actually took the kids to school wearing Superman pajama pants yesterday.  I didn’t even brush my teeth before I left.  Embarrassing?  Now that I am typing, yes.  Monday morning while running crazy trying to get lunches made, dogs fed, kids dressed & fed and out the door on time; Nope.  Wasn’t embarrassed at all. 
That’s my ‘regular’ life.  When it comes to Weight Watchers I actually am perfect.  WRONG!  Of course I want you to think I am perfect & in control of every little bite that goes in my mouth.  That I never struggle with weight and that I am perfectly happy with my body.  Confession time: All Lies!  Please don’t hate me or find a new leader!!! 
But, it is because of these unattainable goals and my many to do lists that I have decided that in an effort to embrace my imperfections, every future post of this blog will begin with some of my real stats.  Maybe not actual weight but pounds gained or lost for the week.  Along with a few others.  I am hoping that my transparency will loosen the grips of my false perfectionism and release me to soar toward my goals!  So get ready.  Next week the veil comes down and it may not be pretty!  


AUGUST Theme:  TO GOAL & BEYOND!

This week we move into September.  Can you even believe it?  We’ve covered a broad range of topics this month~ which meetings spoke to you?  How are the techniques we tried getting you closer to your goals?  Whatever it is you are working toward achieving this fall we are supporting you and rooting you on!  Don’t forget that you are not alone! 

 

Last Week:     WHAT’S YOUR SUPERPOWER?

We all have core character strengths.  By recognizing our strengths, we can use them to affect positive change and overall well-being.  What strengths did you circle in your weekly?  How are you harnessing that power?  What outcomes are you noticing in your life as you express and “flex” your character strengths?  Remember, those traits are a part of you.  No matter what we weigh – now we want to put them to work in reaching our goals!  Be sure to join us this week in our meeting & share what you have learned this past week!


This Week:   AWESOME – YES, YOU!

No matter how terrible your ‘on program’ day has been, you did something right!  Recognizing what went well as opposed to focusing on what didn’t can lead to changes big and small.  What can be truly challenging is maintaining that positive outlook!  Why is it so hard to keep that positivity?  What is the danger in not looking for it?  Staying positive when you are not “feeling it”  is a skill, and like any skill, you can work on improving it.  Guess what?  We have just the technique to help you with that! 


What’s Happening This Week!
ON SALE THIS WEEK
 Where do you want to be in 4 weeks?  Could a targeted fitness plan help you get there?  Check it out!  It’s on sale:   $14.95
FOOD SCALE:  $29.95
POINTS PLUS CALCULATOR:  $4.95
PEDOMETER:  $14.95

STRUGGLING MEMBER WORKSHOPS:
This month we will look at the idea of sugar addiction.  Is this such a thing?  Don’t have a sweet tooth? You will be surprised where this little treat is hiding.
·         September 2 ~ 9:00 -10:00am



TRADER JOE’S TOUR:
Get a tour and learn what items in the store are plan friendly for W.W.  You may even get to taste a few!  Come check it out!  If interested sign up on the clip board in the meeting room. 
·         September 9 ~ 9:30 am or 1:00 pm

TASTY TUESDAY:
BREAKFAST, LUNCH & DINNER!
Some days don't you wish someone would just tell you what to eat?  And that it would not take much time in the kitchen.  Well here goes!  Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for 16ppv.  Use your remaining for sides, drinks, snacks and indulgences.

YOGURT CRUNCH PARFAIT:

Points Plus Values:  3
Prep Time:  5 minutes
Servings: 1

Ingredients:
·        6 oz. light vanilla yogurt
·        ¼ Cup fresh blueberries
·        2 TBSP low fat, ready to eat granola cereal
·        2 Strawberries

Instructions:
1.      Get ready this is tricky!
2.    Top your yogurt with your blueberries.
3.     Sprinkle on granola and garnish with your strawberries.


TURKEY COBB SALAD ROLL UP:
 
Points Plus Values:  3
Prep Time:  10 minutes
Servings: 4

Ingredients:
·        2 cups shredded lettuce or spinach
·        1 cup chopped tomato
·        ¼ cup chopped green onion
·        3 TBSP blue cheese flavored yogurt dressing like Bolthouse Farms
·        8 ounces of thinly sliced turkey
·        ½ avocado sliced
·        multi-grain flat breads like Flatout
·        salt & pepper to taste

Instructions:
1.      Combine 7 ingredients in a medium bowl.
2.    Spoon mixture evenly onto 4 flat breads

SPAGHETTI W/SHRIMP PESTO:

Points Plus Values:  10
Prep Time:  5 minutes
Servings: 4

Ingredients:
·         1/8 tsp table salt, for cooking pasta   
·         2 cup(s) basil, fresh, leaves   
·         3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, such a Parmigiano-Reggiano   
·         2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts   
·         4 tsp olive oil, extra-virgin, divided   
·         3 2/3 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), 2 left whole and 1 minced   
·         1 1/2 tsp lemon zest, freshly grated   
·         1/4 tsp table salt   
·         8 oz uncooked pasta, farfalle (bowtie) recommended   
·          8 oz uncooked shrimp, about 8 extra-large, peeled, deveined and cut in half lengthwise*   
·          1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, cut in half   
·        6 tbsp. water   

Instructions:
·        Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
·        Meanwhile, in a food processor, process basil, water, cheese, walnuts, 1 tablespoon oil, 2 whole garlic cloves, zest and salt until finely minced; set aside. 
·        When water comes to a boil, add pasta and cook as package directs until al dente, about 10 minutes. 
·        A few minutes before pasta will be done, heat remaining teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and minced garlic; sauté until shrimp is just cooked through and tomatoes begin to soften, about 1 to 2 minutes. 
·        Drain pasta; add to skillet with shrimp mixture. Off heat, add pesto and toss to coat. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.

 Quote of the Week:

 This newsletter is and the views shared are not affiliated with weight watchers international, inc.  It is meant to be a motivational tool.







No comments:

Post a Comment