Wednesday, June 24, 2015

MY STORY… BEYOND THE SCALE & REAL LIFE TOO

Is Your WHY close By?
Can you believe that June is almost over? Me neither!  I have let a few of my goals for this month slip by me as well.  I had a birthday this week and really wanted to be able to run an entire 5k by then, wanted to feel confident in my swimsuit by then, and when my workout class with my sister ended I was sure that I would have kept up with some of the strength training the instructor had taught us.  None have happened.  And instead of listing my excuses/reasons let’s just say that I’m a little disappointed in myself for not adjusting to the kids being home as well as I thought I would.  So
I’m coming clean to all of you! 
My “Ah Ha” moment came at Friday’s meeting in Geneva when Michael shared the quote “Don’t give up what you want most for what you want in the moment!”  Then again Saturday at a Struggling Member Workshop in Aurora where I asked the group to remind themselves “Why” losing weight was important to them NOW.  This was sooo good to be reminded of!  Yet, I caught myself this weekend falling into the trap of letting my WHY get away and letting the Moment seem more important.  By the time Sunday rolled around I was up for indulging for Father’s Day.  How can I lose it so quickly? 
Indulging meant a little ice cream with those delicious heath bar candies on top! oh em gee!  Love those stinking things.  Can you read the smile on my face?  Those little crunchies make me Happy!  (Stand back while I am struck by lightning from the WW gods! – and NO you do NOT have permission to eat a heath bar today!)  I really only wanted a bowl of those and no ice cream but wasn’t sure if I had the guts to order that J  Sorry let me Focus! 
4 stinkin points plus values!
My frustration comes not because I indulged on treats but when I indulge at those times that are just “moments”  - Moments of laziness or delusion.  Like picking at our kids plates with leftover food I don’t even like?  Grabbing a handful of goldfish because the bag is open.  Not hungry – just convenient.  Do you know that you can have 55 goldfish pieces for 4 ppv?  But guess what?  I don’t like goldfish!  You can have a glass of wine, or 2 spoonful’s of heath bits…. I also cannot stand the mac & cheese my kids like.  You know the one where the cheese in the foil pouch ready to be squeezed onto the noodles after sitting for months on the warm shelf at the grocery store. Gack!   But I have to admit that I have eaten those last few bites.  Why?  Because I really don’t want to get out a container to save them for later? Or heaven forbid. Throw it in the trash?!  What is wrong with me?  What is wrong with us?  (See I am throwing you under the bus with me because I don’t want to be alone)
I am hoping that as we continue focusing on what it takes to Get Happy, and this weeks “Keep the Why Close By” that I will be able to reinforce those ideas to myself on a daily basis.  At each meal for goodness sake!  If I forget the Why it is very easy to slip down into that pit of “I don’t care” But the fact is, I do!  So instead of looking at what I didn’t accomplish this month I have just adjusted it & pushed my deadline.  I will focus on getting in the pool & having fun no matter what I look like or think I look like and I will work on the 5k.  By July 4th. My last “goal” for the day is to change my WW app prompt.  I don’t want it asking me if I tracked.  I am going to personalize it to ask me; “Where is your Why?”  I think that will get me thinking & being mindful and gosh darn it, isn’t that the point? 

JUNE Theme:  GET HAPPY!

Remember if you attend 10 of 12 weeks this summer you will earn your Get Happy Charm!

 

Last Week:     ”THE POWER OF MINDFULNESS”

Did you find time to sit quietly for 2 minutes to breathe and relax?  Practicing mindfulness leads to making calm, rational decisions – especially in the moments of high stress (or temptation!) Like everything else, being mindful takes practice.  When can you make time to be mindful this week?


This Week:  KEEP YOUR WHY CLOSE BY”

Post your boards on FB!


What is your “Why”?  It is a simple enough question, have you ever thought about the answer?  Why was it important to you to lose weight?  Is your answer different from when you first walked in the door of W.W?  Remembering the Why can help us focus on the How.  How can I tackle that obstacle? How was I successful in the past? How can I get to goal?  Since your Why is your initial motivator, realize it may change over time.  And if it does it means that your How may too!  All the more reason to keep that WHY close by!



What’s Happening This Week!
ON SALE THIS WEEK
Candies:       $1.50
Smoothies:   $4.95
Success Handbook!  (My Favorite Product) :  $4.95

 

STRUGGLING MEMBER WORKSHOPS:
Do you feel unmotivated?  Struggling with staying on plan? You're not alone!  Find a workshop that fits your schedule!
·         June 25,  6:30-7:30pm ~ Geneva Store
·         July 1, 9-10am ~ Geneva Store

APP WORKSHOP:
Need help using your WW app or digital tools on your tablets?  Bring your smart phones or tablets with the app downloaded and be ready to learn some great tricks and tips!
·         June 27, 10:30am North Aurora

Let’s Clap the Big Hands!
Celebrate the Scale & those Non Scale Victories too!
Tamara



Tamara was in Hawaii this past week where her goal was to be able to climb to the top of an extinct volcano!  The hike begins in the crater then up to the top that overlooks Waikiki Beach.  The hike took 2 hours including 74 steps to the actual top!  Getting to the top of Diamond Head was one of the many goals on her summer bucket list that she can successfully cross off! Check – Done – She’s Awesome! 

(if you’d like to share your success, post under comments or let me know you’d like to be added in the blog)


View of  Diamond Head from her hotel

Quote of the Week:
by Zig Zigler
”People say motivation doesn’t last.  Well, neither does bathing.  That’s why we recommend it daily.”


This newsletter is and the views shared are not affiliated with weight watchers international, inc.  It is meant to be a motivational tool.



No comments:

Post a Comment