Tuesday, May 5, 2015

MY STORY… BREATHE

Breathe…
AAAGGHHH!  Does that instill enough frustration for you?  Please cover your ears while I scream!!!!!!! 
     My MONDAY is starting off on the crappy side.  My son comes downstairs this morning in tears because he forgot to have me buy a tri-fold board for a presentation he has this week.  After the tears subsided the yelling started as I was blamed for not purchasing this board over the weekend & how he will be the ONLY student with a mom that forgot to help their son!  Really?  Laying the guilt on a little thick don’t you think?  Then came all my other faults listed by the little minions I call my children: I can’t find any clean socks, where’s my other shoe, are we REALLY out of cookies for my lunch? etc. etc.   (Insert Carol Burnett singing “Little Girls” from Annie) BREATHE…
     I hope you are imaging a calm, loving response from me but the reality is that I lost my temper, a lot.  I yelled back, yelled at the other kids and pretty much ruined all of our mornings.  So after apologizing for my “come apart” and dropping them off at school I returned home to a phone call from my new cable company.  (As you read last week I switched cable companies)  Well guess what? Long story short I have been on the phone with said company 3 different times this morning, spent 30 minutes on hold, spoke w/ 5 customer service reps, 1 disconnected call & 2 wasted hours of my life and the situation is being resolved by me “waiting” for a manager to call me back within the next 48 hours!  AAGGHHH! Oh, and did I tell you my W.W etools account was cancelled this weekend.  Have I worked for the company so long that the account was just cancelled or maybe I've been fired? (wink) Again I wait & Breathe.
Exhale.  Breathe.  Ok.  Now that I have vented, have you ever had one of those day?  I still haven’t showered yet and I feel like I want to crawl in bed, take a Mental Health Day where I watch tv, stay unshowered and only get up to get more snacks.  Can Moms get those days?  Are WW leaders allowed to say that out loud?  This morning was SUPPOSED to be a happy morning with kids readying themselves for school talking about the week, getting in a day of 5K training while the “babies” were in preschool, grocery shopping, quiet time and a load of laundry.  So THAT didn't happen…Breathe
     What DID happen, I didn't eat my feelings this morning. Not one angry, frustrated bite.  I had breakfast & I tracked it in my new paper journal Christine (thank you) picked up for me titled “ I’m doing My Best” instead of focusing on the inability to digitally track, I paced while on the phone & earned 3161 steps and I have tilapia thawing for dinner.  The best part is that I am typing in a kitchen my husband had cleaned before bed last night & the little ones are quietly sitting at the table cutting up papers to make me a new art.  Days can be rough and if we get derailed we will drive ourselves crazy and put on 5 pounds!  So Breathe & remember on those days we need to focus on what we HAVE done and just forget the rest.  So I’m Clapping the Big Hands for myself and what I did do right. YAY ME!


MAY MEETINGS - BUILD YOUR SUMMER TOOLKIT:

May is the gateway to summer!  School will soon be out, the weather is getting warmer, burgers are on the grill - this is the best time to start prepping for the challenges & fun of this next season!  Our May meetings are designed to help you stock your WW “tool box” so you can enjoy all that summer has to offer AND stay on Plan!


Last Week:      ”REDISCOVER YOUR KITCHEN”

Our kitchens can be inspiring or dreadful…Our meeting had us sharing ideas & getting creative so we could bring some magic back to our menus.  Did any of you pull that kitchen gadget out from the bottom cupboard?  Reinvent an old favorite meal?  Keep bringing your recipes & kitchen tools into the meeting room all month!  The meeting is the best place to hear a great idea and remember we're not alone if your meals have been a little ho hum lately. (and thank you Anna for sharing home-made gummy bears with the Saturday groups)

This Week:      ”YOUR MEAL PLAN – ACTION PLAN”

Do you ever think to yourself, “When summer comes things will slow down a little, I’ll plan more, & eat those fruits & veggies that are in season” only to find out that it’s just not the case?  Instead you've just been presented with a whole new set of challenges.  One way to stay the course while dodging all the “LIFE” that gets thrown at us is to plan our meals in advance.  Many of us intend to do that ….but then the week gets away from us and we've eaten fast food or frozen dinners more times than we would want to admit.  If meal planning is your forte – please come share with us how you got there!  What steps have helped you get to that point?  I'm guessing that most of us struggle in this area and are going to take notes!!


What’s Happening!

ON SALE THIS WEEKHaven’t tried the new gluten free Bangin Buffalo Pretzel Thins yet?  That’s ok!  We’re sampling them this week & they’re on sale!
Smoothies:      $4.95
Crunchy Snacks:   $3.95

Featured Online Tool:
Plan a Week’s Meals in 7 Easy Steps:  This article offers great strategies so that you don’t make unhealthy (& unwanted!) detours on the way to the checkout lane while at the store.


Let’s Clap the Big Hands!
Celebrate the Scale & those Non Scale Victories too!


This week we celebrate Rita & Becky!  This mother daughter duo rejoined, planned & pointed meals and looked forward to their weigh in!  BRAVO!  (if you’d like to share your success, post under comments or let me know you’d like to be added in the blog)

Quote of the Week:



This newsletter is and the views shared are not affiliated with weight watchers international, inc.  It is meant to be a motivational tool. - Jenn Schneider



No comments:

Post a Comment