Monday, May 25, 2015

MY STORY… BEYOND THE SCALE & REAL LIFE TOO

Thank those that have served our country so selflessly!


FREEDOM RINGS



Bode at 8!
Turning One
This morning as we honor our veterans, many of us are bustling around preparing the house & yard for a picnic!  Did you sleep in? Have the day off?  I hope so!  But, for some of us our Memorial Day started a few days ago.  Mine started Sunday, with my son’s Bode’s 8th birthday.  It was just easier to order pizza, cut up some fruit and open a bag of chips then to grill or cook healthy.  I also had a co-worker (the fantastic Laura from N. Aurora) that happened to text me a recipe for “Death by Chocolate” to make for dessert! Notice I am being nice and NOT posting a picture of the dessert!  Let’s just say it held up to its name and I had most of my in-laws passed out in the kitchen to full too even go home!  
Since I am being honest I should also admit that this dessert included broken up Heath Bars.  I had one extra that didn’t go in the dessert and late last night it came running into my room, unwrapped itself & jumped in my mouth!  I have no idea how many points it is and I don’t want to know!  Now, I have 2 choices.  I can continue eating off plan and chalk it up to yet another holiday or I can look at today as a “normal” Monday except the kids & hubby are home. 
        Yep, I have left over pizza in the fridge, but I also have some beef thawed out.  Yep, I have a mouthwatering chocolate dessert left in my fridge but I also have a half of watermelon and cut up strawberries.  Do you see where I’m going with this?  As Weight Watchers our goal should not be to white knuckle it through holidays, parties, potlucks, festivals, etc. Or to deprive ourselves of all good things.  It IS about gaining awareness of what we really want and need the most – then following through! I’m going to be ON PLAN today, with a few measured out and pointed indulgences. 

 It’s about being proud of yesterday, at peace with today and optimistic about tomorrow! 



May begins YOUR SUMMER TOOLKIT:

May is the gateway to summer!  School will soon be out, the weather is getting warmer, burgers are on the grill - this is the best time to start prepping for the challenges & fun of this next season!  Our May meetings are designed to help you stock your WW “tool box” so you can enjoy all that summer has to offer AND stay on Plan!


Last Week:      ”YOUR SUMMER EATING GUIDE”

Summer and nice weather typically means a lot of opportunities to eat out – at friends’ houses, for BBQ’s, outdoor restuarants, & fast food while on the go!  In our meeting we discussed how to satisfy your reasons for eating out in Plan friendly ways.  What strategy seemed to be most helpful for you?  Be ready to share what you learned about your eating behaviors in the meeting!



This Week:  ”THE PLEASURE PRINCIPLE”

Are you stuck in a rut with meals?  Getting a little Ho-Hum?  For various reasons this happens to us and we tend to stick to what we know when it comes to our meals.  It’s safe & sometimes easy.  That being said, enjoying food, especially in the face of moderation is crucial to sticking on the Plan!  This week we will focus on making your meals more enjoyable.  Do you have a go to strategy for when boredom kicks in?  Bring your thoughts and ideas to the meeting so we can have fabulous meals this week! 

 What’s Happening This Week!

ON SALE THIS WEEK
Smoothies:   $4.95
Starter Kit:  $24.95

 

 

Lose 10 On Us!

Help Us Spread the Word! Join and purchase a Monthly Pass subscription plan between April 28 and June 1, 2015, lose 10 pounds within your first two months and W.W will pay you back for two months!

 


Let’s Clap the Big Hands!
Celebrate the Scale & those Non Scale Victories too!
This week we want to give a big Shout Out to the 30 members that showed up to the Struggling Member Workshop in Geneva!  Don’t forget to celebrate those small goals you set!  

(if you’d like to share your success, post under comments or let me know you’d like to be added in the blog)



Quote of the Week:



This newsletter is and the views shared are not affiliated with weight watchers international, inc.  It is meant to be a motivational tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment