Monday, April 20, 2015

This is my story: Beyond the Scale & My Real Life Too!  

Weight Watcher Leader & Coach

South Elgin – Thursday: 5:00pm
Geneva – Thursday:9:30,Fridays: 8:30, 9:30 & 11:00
North Aurora – Saturdays: 6:46, 8:00 & 9:30

THIS IS ME...

Welcome to my first Blog!  Crazy huh?  I have been thinking about this for years, especially in regards to my personal life but lately for my W.W family!  So I decided to combine them both.  I will use this as a platform to share upcoming info related to the meeting, Weight Watcher tidbits, share recipes and be transparent in my faith and life as a mom trying my best to raise a big family and stay at Goal! 

Which is why the blog will be called "Life Beyond the Scale with Jenn"  Get it?  Not just our weight loss journey but life stuff too!  Please bear with me & be patient as I am learning here and the format may change as I go!  (Calling all techies and bloggers...this is me asking for you to come help!)

Like now, for some reason this part of my writing is really skinny.  I've tried to widen it but can't seem to make it stick (all opposite of how I feel with my body! I know how to widen that with hardly any problems at all!)  

This week has been really hard to be "good"  For my activity most of you know my sister & I are taking a class that is kicking my butt!  I kinda wince even to squat to sit in the bathroom! (sorry TMI)  My measurements were taken so I'll let you know how I do after the 6 week class ends but when it comes to my eating - Oh Boy!  Three of the kids started Baseball/Softball this week.  Time to make an action plan!  I can't be "surprised"  when after running around to games and practices that it's too late to cook!  This is not our first season of sports - no more excuses! 

So tonight I'm pulling out the Plan & Track and looking at my week as a whole.  Check out the Time to Ponder section below; it's my mantra for the week!

Meeting Info:

April Theme: Spring Awakening

There’s something about springtime that calls for expanding your horizons & renewing our motivation. How are your horizons expanding this month? Are you making this happen deliberately? What will you continue to do so that you keep working the program and expand your own horizons?


Last Week: Foods that Love You Back

Power Foods are nutritional rock stars! When you choose a Power Food, you’re choosing major nutrients and satisfaction. But eating the same ole’ Power Foods cooked the same ole’ way isn’t a fun way to live the program. What ideas did you hear in the meeting last week that prompted you to try a new Power Food or a favorite prepared in a different way? How did this make a difference for you? I can’t wait to hear how you enjoyed foods that love you back this past week!

This Week: Turn Your “Why” into “How”

What was your reason to walk through the doors of Weight Watchers? Is it still the same or has it changed? What motivated you then? Does your reason to lose weight feel strong enough to fuel what needs to come next?

If that reason no longer motivates you – you may need to tweak it.  Whatever the case may be, this week in the meeting we’ll look at your reason to lose weight as the catalyst to the rest of your journey. Your reason isn’t just another task on a list…it’s a stepping stone toward your dreams!  No matter how small it may seem, every step matters in a huge way!

What’s Happening!

Mini Bars Sale   $4.95
Cookbooks are   25% off
Membership Lapsed?  Join before the 27th get a FREE Starter Kit!

Who Needs to Clap the Hands?

Let’s Celebrate!

Share your celebrations & non scale victories

What needs celebrating from your meeting? Share it here!

Recipe of the Week~

Berry Lemon Tartlets
Servings: 30 Points Plus Values: 1 

Ingredients: 
2/3 cup(s) sugar     1 Tbsp lemon zest     2 large egg(s), whisked    
1/2 cup(s) fresh lemon juice     2 Tbsp salted butter     1 cup(s) fat free whipped topping     30 item(s) mini phyllo shell(s)     3/4 cup(s) fresh blueberries  
 
Instructions: 
Place sugar, lemon zest and eggs in a heavy-bottomed sauce pan; set over medium heat. Whisk constantly until mixture is combined and warmed through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add lemon juice and butter; cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened and bubbly, about 4 to 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled and thickened; once chilled, fold in whipped topping until just combined. 

Preheat oven to 350°F.  
Place prebaked phyllo shells on a cookie sheet; bake until crispy, about 5 minutes. Let cool and then spoon about 2 teaspoons lemon mixture into each shell. When ready to serve, garnish each with a berry. Yields 1 tartlet per serving. 
You can use any fresh berries for the topping.

With spring in the air who can resist these simple to make tartlets?My confession= I have not tried these nor do I know what a phyllo shell is :) but they sound yummy!

Time to Ponder....
Even when life is hectic and pulls me in every direction, I MATTER too!  
Jenn Schneider
EMAIL ME • beyondthescalewithjenn@gmail.com  
FACEBOOK •  Beyond the Scale with Jenn

Newsletter Info – This newsletter is not affiliated with Weight Watchers International, Inc.; it is an informational and motivational tool provided to WW Members that attend my meeting.  Should you wish to unsubscribe, simply reply with “Unsubscribe”.

2 comments:

  1. Jenn - It looks nice. I like the mix of WW and family. I hope to be back to WW soon. I miss the meetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb! Sorry I was really having a hard time answering your comment! I'm not sure what the problem was but I think the "other Jen" got the kinks worked out for me! I'm glad you like the blog/newsletter, as you can tell I am still in the learning stages but hope the information will help you stay the course until you are able to come back to the meetings. I hope to see you soon :)
      ~Jenn

      Delete